The drip tape used in corn crops is generally installed subsurface (SDI) approximately 12" - 16" (30 -40 cm) below the surface. Corn crops can also be irrigated on the surface, but this is less common method. The key to both installing and retrieving drip tape in SDI applications is making sure the installations are done at a consistent spacing between drip tape laterals and at a consistent depth. Installed correctly helps to make extraction much easier. Andros Equipment is designed to be highly efficient and accurate, helpings growers easily cover large acreages.
- Crop: Corn
- Bed size (width): 60" spacing between drip tape laterals
- Drip tape diameter: 5/8" or 7/8" (16 mm or 22 mm)
- Drip tape wall thickness: 15 mil
- Rows (beds) installed per pass: 3
- Drip tape lines (laterals) per bed: 1
- Installation depth: 16" below surface
- Replace dirt over drip tape channel
Note: Andros Equipment can be custom configured and include additional integrated functions.
Common Installation Equipment Configurations
- Installs 3 drip tape lines 60" apart
- Installs down to a maximum depth of 16" (40 cm)
- Injection tools: Elite Hybrid Injection Tools
- Carriers: Series III Spool Carriers
- Break-away coulter wheels
- Finishing kits
Common Retrieval Equipment Configurations
- Best suited for Andros Recycling Program
- Creates large, condensed rolls (800-1,000 lbs.)
- Available with or without integrated power unit
- Available in different trailer sizes and options
Ready to find out more?
Click on the button to the right to get started.